It is rare to be able to watch any film or TV show more than once. Often even making it through the first in the series is an click the big X on the streaming screen. Here are five TV shows you can watch more than 5 times. The reason these are repeatable is the cadence and score. The shows are more like an opera or symphony, with a cadence.
- Prime Suspect Series 1 – The show has a score by Stephen Warbeck and the entire series has a rhythm, a cadence, a relentless consonance and dissonance that underscores the misogyny, not just of the crime but also the workplace and at home.
- The Fall – This is another series with a incredible dissonant film score. Not as watchable as Prime suspect but the length of the show, three series, not ever moment can be perfect.
- The Sopranos – If you watch this enough, soon you will be comparing your Ziti recipe. The opening theme music really helps but this one is all about the acting and the script.
- Mad Men – The series spans the 1960s decade and is such a commentary on the times in America.
- Star Trek (Original series) – You don’t have to be a Trekkie to appreciate this show. Styrofoam rocks rule and even have a species.